Before you hire a biller, you need to make sure he or she is qualified for the position. The following test coupled with a math test will assess whether the candidate will be successful in the role — and an asset to your company.
Name: _____________________________________________ Date: _______________
- A CPT code has _______ digits and an ICD-9-CM code has _______ digits
- Explain the difference between a CPT code and an ICD-9-CM code
- What is the purpose of a modifier?
- What are E&M codes?
- What does “COB” stand for?
- What insurance information do you obtain when the patient contacts our office with new insurance?
- If the patient has Medicare, Tricare and Medicaid, which insurance would you bill first, second, last?
- Patient is 65; has BCBS through employer w/ 100+ employees and has Medicare Part A only. Which insurance would you file first?
- What does HIPAA stand for? And what
- Free updates on CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS, Medicare, NCCI edits, and ICD-10.
- Discounts on 3rd party offers