Coding for OB Ultrasounds and Annual Exams
Coding for OB Ultrasounds
Are you confused about ultrasound coding? You’re not alone. Here are some tips that should take the mystery out of ultrasound coding and help you to get the payment that you deserve.
Unravel Diagnosis Codes for Ultrasounds
Some coders have questions about diagnosis codes for medically-indicated ultrasounds. If the correct codes are used, will payers reimburse?
For instance, if the following reasons for an U/S are provided, what will the likely outcome for payment be?
- Determine fetal viability/confirm cardiac activity
- Uncertain dating/estimate gestational age
- Evaluate the fetus’ condition in late registrants for prenatal care
- Evaluate fetal growth (for instance, in the absence of already-diagnosed SGA or LGA).
- Free updates on CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS, Medicare, NCCI edits, and ICD-10.
- Discounts on 3rd party offers