The December 2014 CPT® Assistant is chock-full updates for the lower gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy code set. Find out how the revisions made to terminology, definitions, and guidelines will impact the reporting of codes for ileoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy through stoma, and colonoscopy in CPT®2015. The issue also briefs you on how to appropriately report percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures.
Reviewing the latest issue will also improve your understanding about a new sub-section CPT® added to the E/M section titled advance care planning. You’ll also benefit from a comparison between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM structure and format. To get spot-on guidance, simply type a code or keyword into SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect to see the December article that suits your needs:
- Advance Care Planning: 99497-99498
- Coronary Therapeutic Services and Procedures: 92920-92944, 92973-92974, 92978-92979, 93454-93461, 93563-93564, 93463, 93571-93572
- ICD-10-CM Seventh (7th) Character
- Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy Changes: 44380-44408, 45330-45347, 45339, 45345, 45346, 45347, 45349, 45350,
- Free updates on CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS, Medicare, NCCI edits, and ICD-10.
- Discounts on 3rd party offers