Question: We have been facing challenges for reporting bilateral procedures like injection codes 64483 (Injection[s], anesthetic agent and/or steroid, transforaminal epidural, with imaging guidance [fluoroscopy or CT]; lumbar or sacral, single level) and 27096 (Injection procedure for sacroiliac joint www.collegeessay-help.com, anesthetic/steroid, with image guidance [fluoroscopy or CT] including arthrography when performed). Is it better to report modifiers LT and RT to each injection or append modifier 50 to one injection code?
Answer: You can submit your bilateral procedures claims with one of the following:
1. Report the procedure code on one line, write “1” in the units field, and append modifier 50 (Bilateral procedure).
2. Report the procedure code on one line, write “2” in the units field, and use the LT (Left side) and RT (Right side) modifiers.
3. Report the procedure code on two lines, write “1” in the units field, and...
- Free updates on CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS, Medicare, NCCI edits, and ICD-10.
- Discounts on 3rd party offers