Archive by Author
Posted on 13. Aug, 2015 by ksharma.
The June 2015 CPT® Assistant is chock full of advice for reporting the year’s new codes for transversus abdominis plane (TAP) local anesthesia blocks. Before these codes arrived, you didn’t have any specific codes that accurately reflected these peripheral nerve blocks applied to anesthetize the anterior abdominal wall nerves inabdominal or pelvic surgery patients. But the 2015 CPT® code set features specific codes to report TAP block procedures. The issue spells out the guidelines and provides real-world clinical examples that assist you to appropriately report the codes for TAP block.
Other areas featured in the latest CPT® Assistant include cystourethroscopy with transprostatic implants as well as stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT). You will also benefit from a radiostereometricanalysisexam clinical scenario and an ICD-10 case scenario featured custom essays in this issue. Take advantage of SuperCoder.com’s Code Connect code and…
Posted on 08. Jul, 2015 by ksharma.
The May 2015 CPT® Assistant features the newly established Category III leadless cardiac pacemaker codes. The issue elucidates guidelines and provides real-world clinical examples that assist you to appropriately report the codes for leadless cardiac pacemaker services.
Another topic in the May 2015 CPT® Assistant will help a wide range of providers as it covers proper application of the code changes in 2015 for the vaccines and toxoids section. Plus, reviewing the latest issue will boost your coding skills for reporting carotid artery and innominate artery stent placement as well as bilateral image-guided breast biopsy and marker placement. Take advantage of SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect code and keyword search to keep your skills up to date on these topics:
- Bilateral Image-Guided Breast Biopsy and Marker Placement: 19081-19086, 19281-19286
- Pacemaker, Leadless and Pocketless System: 33202, 33203, 33206-33222, 33224-33226, 75820, 76000, 93566, 0378T-0391T
- Stent Placement in Carotid Artery and Innominate Artery: 37217-37218,
Zip Through the New Definitive vs. Presumptive Designation for Drug Testing With the Latest CPT® Assistant
Posted on 12. Jun, 2015 by ksharma.
The April 2015 CPT® Assistant ends your confusion about new drug identification and testing codes updated in the 2015 CPT® code set. Find out how the new reporting mechanism distinguishes testing procedures based on presumptive, definitive, and therapeutic drug assay categories instead of the old qualitative or quantitative methodology.
Reviewing the latest issue will also improve your understanding of how to report optical coherence tomography of the breast and total disc arthroplasty. Plus, solve an ICD-10-CM coding dilemma with an immunization coding scenario. To get spot-on guidance, simply type a code or keyword into SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect to see the April article that suits your needs.
- Drug Identification and Testing: 80100-80104, 80150-80299, 80320-80377, 82491-82492, 82541-82544, 83992
- ICD-10-CM Case Scenario: 90460-90461, 90471-90474, 90654, G0008
- Optical Coherence Tomography During Breast Surgery: 0351T-0354T
- Sacroplasty: 22511, 0200T, 0201T
- Total Disc Arthroplasty: 22554, 22845, 22851, 22856, 22858, 63075, 0375T, 0092T.
The latest selection…
Posted on 05. Apr, 2015 by ksharma.
The February 2015 CPT® Assistant highlights the changes made in the Medicare physician payment schedule in 2015. You will see how the final conversion factor takes into account the adjustment the Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014 (PAMA) brought about for the sustainable growth rate (SGR). Also, check out the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) recommendations of fee schedule changes for 2015.
You can also sharpen your skills for appropriately reporting arthrocentesis codes with the latest CPT® Assistant. Plus, nail down correct codes for reporting paravertebral facet joint nerve destruction. You can use SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect search to update your skills on all of these topics:
- Arthrocentesis: 20600-20611, 27370, 76942, 77002, 77012, 77021
- Medicare Physician Payment Changes in 2015: 92961, 92986-92990, 92997-92998, 99490
- Paravertebral Facet Joint Nerve Destruction: 64633-64636, 64999.
The customary FAQ section is also available in the latest CPT® Assistant to help you resolve…
Posted on 19. Mar, 2015 by ksharma.
The January 2015 CPT® Assistant is jam-packed with advice on 2015′s molecular pathology code updates. Get the inside scoop on revisions made to the gene table to include claim designators for Tier 2 Molecular pathology codes. Find out how the new section in CPT® 2015 for genomic sequencing procedures (GSPs) and other molecular multi analyte assays impacts reporting of 21 new codes to describe gene panel analysis.
Reviewing the latest issue will also improve your understanding of how to appropriately report percutaneous vertebroplasty and vertebral augmentation codes as well as aqueous shunt procedures and visual field assessment. Make the most of SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect code and keyword search to keep your skills up to date on these topics:
- Aqueous Shunt Procedures and Visual Field Assessment: 66180, 67255, 66185, 0378T-0379T
- Maternity Care and Delivery: 99201-99205, 99211-99215, 99241-99245, 99281-99285, 99384-99386, 99394-99396
- Molecular Pathology Update: 81246, 81288, 81292, 81313, 81400-81408, 81410-81471, 81445-81455, 81479,
Posted on 11. Feb, 2015 by ksharma.
The December 2014 CPT® Assistant is chock-full updates for the lower gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy code set. Find out how the revisions made to terminology, definitions, and guidelines will impact the reporting of codes for ileoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy through stoma, and colonoscopy in CPT®2015. The issue also briefs you on how to appropriately report percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures.
Reviewing the latest issue will also improve your understanding about a new sub-section CPT® added to the E/M section titled advance care planning. You’ll also benefit from a comparison between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM structure and format. To get spot-on guidance, simply type a code or keyword into SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect to see the December article that suits your needs:
- Advance Care Planning: 99497-99498
- Coronary Therapeutic Services and Procedures: 92920-92944, 92973-92974, 92978-92979, 93454-93461, 93563-93564, 93463, 93571-93572
- ICD-10-CM Seventh (7th) Character
- Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy Changes: 44380-44408, 45330-45347, 45339, 45345, 45346, 45347, 45349, 45350,
Posted on 28. Jan, 2015 by ksharma.
The November 2014 CPT® Assistant is brimming with updates made in CPT® 2015 for reporting stomal endoscopy codes. Find out how the introduction of several new codes for colonoscopy through a stoma affects the reporting of various services. Evaluate the new guidelines, which instruct you on how to report colonoscopy codes during specific scenarios.
Other areas featured in the November 2014 CPT® Assistant address the changes and additions made in 2015 to the cardiovascular system subsection, including pacemaker and implantable defibrillator codes. Sharpen your skills for negative pressure therapy services, coding neoplasms in ICD-10-CM, and much more. Put SuperCoder.com’s Code Connect code and keyword search to good use to deepen your understanding of these topics:
- Coding Clarification: Special Ophthalmological Services: 92133, 92134, 92135, 92250
- ICD-10-CM: Neoplasm Coding and the Neoplasm Table
- Negative Pressure Therapy Services: 97605-97608
- Pacemaker or Implantable Defibrillator Systems: 10140, 10180, 11042, 11043, 11045, 11046, 11047,
Posted on 09. Dec, 2014 by ksharma.
The October 2014 CPT® Assistant is jam-packed with updates for the newly-created Care Management Services in the E/M section. Get the inside scoop on services that care management includes and what’s involved when calculating total time. Evaluate provider requirements for care management and additional E/M services you can report with care management codes.
Nail down correct codes for endovascular treatment for lower extremity venous incompetency and positive airway pressure (PAP) therapy. Sharpen your skills for coding trigger point injections using dry needling technique, and much more. Put SuperCoder.com’s Code Connect code and keyword search to good use to deepen your understanding of these topics:
- Care management services: 90951-90970, 98960-98962, 98966-98968, 98969, 99071, 99078, 99080, 99090, 99091, 99201-99215, 99324-99328, 99334-99337, 99339-99340, 99341-99345, 99347-99350, 99358-99359, 99363-99364, 99366, 99368, 99374-99380, 99441- 99443, 99444, 99487-99490, 99495-99496, 99605-99607
- Endovascular treatment for lower extremity venous incompetency: 29581, 29582, 36000-36005, 36410, 36425, 36478, 36479, 37241-37244, 36468-36479,
Posted on 19. Nov, 2014 by ksharma.
The September 2014 CPT® Assistant is brimming with recent coding updates and coding tips for deciding when to report fluoroscopy separately. Find out how the CPT® 2015 code set will impact bundling of intrathecal contrast administration via lumbar injection and myelographic radiologic S & I. The issue also briefs you on how to append modifier 59 to computed tomography of the spine with contrast if the provider performs CT subsequent to a myelogram on the same patient the same day.
Reviewing the latest issue will also improve your understanding of how to report an anogenital examination. To get spot-on guidance, simply type a code or keyword into SuperCoder.com’sCode Connect to see the September article that suits your needs:
- Anogenital Examination: 99170
- Fluoroscopy Codes: 76000, 76001, 71023, 71034, 36597, 64581, 49440, 49441, 49442, 49446, 49450, 49451, 49452, 49460, 49465, 64561
- ICD-10-CM “Z” Codes
- Myelography and Injection Procedure Codes : 72240,
Posted on 10. Oct, 2014 by ksharma.
The August 2014 CPT® Assistant features the diagnostic audiology test codes that require use of calibrated electronic equipment. You’ll get clarification on the codes for audiologic function tests that you can report separately, or with E/M services, and get the facts on use of modifier 52 to report the services. Not sure where certain tests fall in the code range? The issue also presents the audiology test codes that enable the provider to identify the degree or type of hearing loss, assess the abnormal growth of loudness perception, detect defects in adaptation to sound, and evaluate the devices related to hearing.
Other topics this CPT® Assistant covers include reporting time based codes, visual evoked potential coding, and much more. Put SuperCoder.com’s Code Connect code and keyword search to good use to deepen your understanding of these topics:
- Audiologic Function Tests : 92550-92597, 92620-92625, 99201-99205, 99211-99215, 99241-99245, 0208T-0212T
- Evaluation and